Year of Establishment
The SVUPG Centre Library was started in the year 1977 with a small collection of Books. The Library was housed initially in one of the college buildings and later it was shifted to the present building which was constructed with UGC grants. The Library has steadily grown over the years and now has nearly 50,000+ books on different subjects besides 90 journals subscription of National and International repute.
The Library caters to the information needs of the students, subscribes Newspapers and Magazines, and follows the Open Access System. A spacious and convenient library building is nearing the completion stage of construction. It is proposed to digitalize the library and have I.T. facility to support academic and research activities.
The library keeps open from Monday to Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM throughout the year. The Library remains closed on the National holidays.
All students, faculty members, and employees of Yogi Vemana University are eligible for membership in the library. The registered members are issued a borrower’s ticket corresponding to their category. The Digital Library Identity Card issued to the registered members is strictly non-transferable. The date of validity shall be indicated on the Card.
Admission to Library
Only library members are permitted into the Library. He/She must produce his/her Identity Card at the Counter of the Library failing which he/she will not be permitted into the Library. However, non-members are allowed with the special permission of the Librarian. Any member, who is desirous of using the library, shall enter his/her name in the register maintained at the library gate kept for the purpose.
|Category of Members
|No. of Books issued
|Period of Loan
|All Other Staff Members
Period of Loan
|Category of Books
|Period of Loan
|General books / Text-books
(Only Faculty members of the University
will be entitled to borrow these books)
|Journals and serials
|Theses, rare books & non-book Material
|Not to be issued
|CD-ROMs with books
Re-Issue and Recall of Books
Books shall not be re-issued to the same borrower if they have been reserved by some other library user. Books can be recalled at any time without assigning any reason. Failure to return them will entitle usual overdue charges from the date of recall.
Conditions of Loan
Borrowers must satisfy themselves with the physical condition of the books before borrowing. They shall be held responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of returning the book(s). All books on loan shall be returned on or before the due date marked on the Due-Date-Slip in the book, failing which overdue charges will be collected from the borrower. Repeated violation of this rule by the members, may lead to suspension or cancellation of the membership of the defaulting member.
Issue & Renewals
Books are issued/received and renewed at the Circulation Counter. Members are responsible for all the materials borrowed on their cards. The borrower should present his / her borrower card simultaneously to borrow or renew the book For renewal, books must be brought to the Circulation Counter in person. To avoid overdue charges, books should be returned or renewed before the due date stamped on the Due Date Slip Books recalled / on-demand / on reserve will not be renewed.
Loss of Books and Journals
The borrower is responsible for the condition of the book borrowed. In case of loss of a book or damage, the member can replace the book either with the latest edition or pay Three times the actual cost of the book.
Lost issues of the journals shall be replaced by the member within three months from the date of loss; else the member shall have to bear the current cost of the complete volume or set, as the case may be.
Damage to Books
The University Librarian shall be competent to impose any of the following penalties if any member is found guilty of damaging/ mutilating/ defacing/ disfiguring etc. a book and other reading materials. The severity of the damage and the intention thereto shall be determined by the University Librarian after a thorough investigation to determine the quantum of the fine.
No Dues Certificate
All students and staff members of the University shall obtain a “No Dues Certificate” from the Library before leaving the university irrespective of reasons for leaving the University. No Dues Certificate will be issued only after the return of all the books, borrower cards, the Library Identity Card, and charges to be paid if any.
Behaviour in the Library
A library is a place where peace and serenity are expected. Maintenance of silence is everybody’s responsibility. Gossiping, discussion, and chatting of any sort are strictly prohibited. Mind, there are many others like you who visit the library for the serious purpose of reading. Even the slightest noise from you can disturb them. Avoid the library for strolling and unnecessary meetings.
Rules and Regulations
1. The Library is to be used for the purpose of academic study and research and the consultation of subject and other related material. Everyone in the library shall respect the rights of other users.
2. Only registered members are allowed to use the Library. Members should always carry their ID cards while using the Library.
3. All kinds of Printed materials like question papers, books, record books, and articles like umbrellas, handbags, etc. are not permitted to be brought into the library. Only one notebook is permitted for taking notes.
4. The library is not responsible for any loss of any personal property brought into the library.
5. Readers should observe strict silence inside the Library.
6. Uses of Mobile phones are not permitted inside the Library Building.
7. Member shall not smoke or spite in any part of the library.
8. Users are not permitted to consume food or drink in the library.
9. Readers should not write in, mark, scratch, or disfigure damaged books or furniture in the library.
10. The members caught tearing pages/stealing books or otherwise mutilating books will be suspended forthwith from using library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against him/her by the university.
11. The librarian has the right to suspend or get rid of a member’s membership if they are misbehaving, being rude to library staff, or acting in an inappropriate way.